Women's Center Gender Equity Grants support initiatives by campus groups that advance gender equity across identities, educate and inspire feminist leaders, advance an empowering intellectual environment, and advocate for an equitable University culture and community. Grants are typically $250-$800 in amount.
Who Can Apply
Faculty, staff and students on any University of Minnesota campus are eligible to submit a proposal for Women's Center Gender Equity Grants. Past grant recipients may apply for additional funding from the Women's Center.
Why a Focus on Gender Equity?
At the Women's Center, we are often asked questions about who we are, what we do, and if the work we do regarding women's and gender equity is necessary. Our answer is unequivocally yes. Around the world, the fight for gender justice continues. While we gratefully acknowledge the progress that's been made in many arenas, there is still a lot of ground to cover. You can learn more about the progress and challenges that persist here.
We will consider all applications focused on gender equity; however, for the 2023-2024 academic year, we are especially interested in — although not limiting funding to — proposals that focus on the following areas/topics:
- gender equity in science, technology, engineering, math & medicine (STEMM) fields
- utilizing the arts to advance gender equity
- critical/healthy masculinities
- Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) women and gender-expansive people
- intersections of gender equity and disability justice
- anti-racism efforts within gender equity work
Grants will be awarded to existing or new projects that fit one or both of these categories:
1. One-time or short-term events and projects that include, but are not limited to: lectures, panel discussions, conferences*, workshops, events, and creative/artistic performances or exhibits.
2. Long-term systemic change efforts that include, but are not limited to: action research, education, organizing, and advocacy that help to eliminate barriers and inequities that prevent the full realization of an inclusive and just institution.
*Gender Equity Grants are intended to fund on-campus events and projects that address gender equity, and are not intended to support personal professional development or travel to attend conferences.